Dementia isn’t slowing down. Neither can you.
By 2025, 1 million people in the UK will be living with dementia.
Alzheimer’s Society is the only UK charity to fund research, act as a powerful force for change through campaigning and provide expert advice, guidance and support through the most challenging days for people affected by dementia. We are a safe space to turn when people need us, giving help and hope to everyone living with dementia that a brighter future lies ahead.
But we can’t do it alone. We need your miles, your energy and your determination. At last year’s RideLondon alone, cyclists supporting Alzheimer’s Society raised £207,000 – and since the first RideLondon in 2013, cyclists have raised more than £2.3 million for the charity.
Will you join the hundreds of cyclists supporting Alzheimer’s Society, the Charity of the Year for the 2023 Ford RideLondon-Essex 100, on Sunday 28 May?
Victoria Haye’s mother lived with early-onset dementia for nine years before passing away at the age of 59.
“My mother sadly lived with early onset Alzheimer’s from the age of about 50 and died 25 years ago, at the age of 59,” said Victoria. “It was awful to witness her fading away from us while she was so young. Now, my father, previously a competent airline pilot and daring motorcyclist with lightning-speed wit and reactions, has developed Alzheimer’s and is rapidly deteriorating. He barely knows us now.
“It is such an awful disease that robs so many of us of our parents and loved ones. I have decided to take on the Ford RideLondon-Essex 100 for Alzheimer’s Society this year to do something proactive – and to assuage the feeling of helplessness.”
Join Victoria on the Start Line of the 2023 Ford RideLondon-Essex 100 and turn your Event Day nerves into ground-breaking studies – and make your Finish Line thrill the starting point for better dementia care.
As part of Team Alzheimer’s Society, you’ll receive:
- expert training plans and advice from our professional coaches
- a free Alzheimer’s Society cycling jersey to wear with pride
- access to the Team Alzheimer's Society Facebook page, so you can chat with fellow riders
- energy and motivation as we cheer you along the route
- an invitation to our afterparty for you, your friends and family
- A support pack with everything you'll need to kick-start your training and fundraising
How to join Team Alzheimer’s Society
In need of a place?
- Join Alzheimer's Society for the world's greatest festival of cycling and sign up for one of our charity entries in the Ford RideLondon-Essex 100.
Already have a ballot place?
- Register to ride 100 miles with Alzheimer’s Society and all that’s left is for us to welcome you to the team. You’ll receive the same fantastic support as our charity place riders – the only difference is that you set your fundraising goals and we'll be on hand to make sure you smash them. To get going, sign up today.
Get in touch
If you’d like to chat with us about your Ford RideLondon-Essex 100 place and how you can make a difference, please contact the Events Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 222 5808 – we’d love to hear from you.